Monday, January 24, 2011

Especially for Me

So I know its called Especially for Youth, but I had the most amazing week ever at efy!!!




 My story is just like theirs... I didn't really want to go but had made a commitment and knew I would have an amazing time (which I did). My nervousness at being soo underprepared faded away (and not just coz the other counsellors were just as unprepared as me :D) as my kids arrived one by one and I actually remembered their names. We were so excited, they were so excited, there was just a whole lot of excitement (and Ninja). 


After spending the week with my kids, teaching them atleast one official lesson each day (and sometimes 3), taking on extra challenges, being inspired to share certain experiences, actually being able to answer questions, not killing any of my 28 14-15 yr-olds, being able to survive with limited sleep, and watching my 'Wisdom Warriors' become best friends....i dont really know where this sentence was goin...cough cough.... I didn't realise how much a week teaching and being an example to my kids would help me to be a better person. Its life changing stuff I tell ya!! Never have I ever felt so Prepared for what the world has to chuck at me.






I am now more sure then ever that I am going on a Mission (yes I know most of you wont believe it till it happens, but its gonna happen :D)

3 comments:

  1. Kim, I seriously bet you were THE best counselor they ever had and have motivated those kids like crazy!! I love love loved going to EFY. I went 3 times. he he. So I know those kids will forever remember you and what influence you had on them. You are so awesome! I can't wait to hear where you'll go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow looks like you had a great time and still managed to take some amazing arty photographs. Sounds like EFY was the experience of a lifetime - everyone's still talking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you would have been a cool counsellor kim, i bet your kids all loved you!

    ReplyDelete