Sunday, June 20, 2010

Rose of Tralee - Sunday/Monday

We woke up relatively early on sunday morning, packed up all our stuff, and headed over to our brunch. Elizabeth had and interview/photo for the paper and looked beautiful, especially considering the lack of sleep.

Brunch was nice, it was nice to spend some time with my family since they came all the way to Invercargill for me. After our farewell hugs and a couple of speeches, we presented our AWESOME Chaperones with some gifts, and said our 'See ya laters'.

Me and the Fams headed down to Bluff to have some photos with the sign. We had photos up at Cape Reinga ages ago when Carl was on his mission, so of course we had to take photos at Bluff(see my sisters blog for those photos)
We bumped into Ashley (Hutt Valley Rose) and she took some photos for us, then we wandered over to one of the little 'cafe/restaurant type things, and got us some Oysters. Can anyone Say EEEEEWWWWWWBLEEHHH!!!

Oh my gosh, mind over matter was all I could do. It was my first time eating oysters and flip I'm pretty sure thats my last. Somehow I managed to eat two of those disgusting sea creatures, and got $10 from mum and dad for my second one hahaha. Tania didnt quite manage to swallow one, though she did chew it for the longest time!


Next was the drive to Dunedin. Lisa's Mum told mum and dad the scenic route so we could see some of the country side, but by the time we left, it was getting dark, so we missed a bunch of it. What we saw was nice though, but I had a good ol sleep. Once in Dunedin, I got ready for bed and was asleep by 6pm to wake before 5am to get to the Airport on time.

The flight home was uneventful, I was so disappointed with the Wellington landing and Takeoff, Noo turbulence/landing sideways/strong winds or anything. Stink, but it was nice to be home again (actually thats a lie, i wish the weekend could have lasted a month!!)

2 comments: