Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Awesome Weekend

This last friday night, the TV YSA put on a 'Yellow' themed Dance at the Dinsdale chapel. It was pretty fun and had an awesome music selection. I thought I owned yellow things..turns out I have 2 yellow tops and a necklace and thats it, so my outfit was a bit lame-oo.

Here's me and Matty blending in before the dance, and Rochelle and her awesome Post-it outfit.

Saturday morning I woke up early and drove out to the Hamilton Gardens. I had 3 1/2 hrs of Engagement portraits set up and I was excited to meet the couples and see what we could do. When I arrived, I met Brooke and she gave me the run down of how it works (Brooke is the awesome photographer I work for, check her website here www.wheretheheartis.co.nz).

My first 15 min session was at 9.45am, and went really well, after that, I had 2 couples not show up, and one cancel, then I had another one for a couple I know from my Ballroom/Latin classes. It was awesome to see them, I didnt know they were getting married, and they didnt know I was a photographer so it was pretty funny. All the other sessions went really well, and only had one more couple not turn up. The weather was a bit teko, but we still managed to get some amazing photos and have a good time. I will possibly post some of the photos later on/make a photography blog when I am less busy.


Saturday afternoon was busy with setting up for my Dads 50th Bday Partay. Me and Tania went into town and picked up a couple extra things for the decorations/treats and our costumes. Then it was home to get things ready to take to the Institute Building


Saturday Night We all helped set up the food/tables etc and got ready in our costumes. All of Dads Rellies were invited and it was a really cool night. There are photos of the food and some of the costumes on Crystal & Sams blog, so I will put on different ones.

The Nerds: Ryan, Elle and Tania

It was a pretty chill night, and but we had to have a couple of games. If you've seen my dad, you may have noticed his lack of eyebrows. So instead of pin the tail on the Donkey, we played, 'Pin the eyebrow on Nigel'.

It was my cousins birthday on Sunday and My uncles birthday on Thursday, so we got them a cake and sang to them as well.

After desert we ended up playing games till midnight!


Sunday I was so nervous. I had an interview on Community Radio at 1.20pm because I won Waikato Rose of Tralee 2010. I was sooo flippin scared, but the guys were pretty cool, and made it less scary.


Here is a photo of me and the radio hosts after my 30min segment. They asked me questions about everything!! And we had a chat afterwards. Looking back, it was fun, but at the time, it was not!! but its over and I can move on with my life now :)

Sunday Night we had some of the family over to eat the rest of the food from Dads party. There was HEAPS!!! and it was delicious, so thank you to the awesome cooks!!

3 comments:

  1. Well you did have an exciting weekend didn't you! Thanks for putting up that hideous picture of me...haha. It was fun dressing up. Funny how Tania can even make a nerd costume look hot...Yum,wouldn't mind some of that kai now...mmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. that post it note costume is pretty awesome! And yes a rather exciting weekend...oh to be young again ha ha. You should put up a couple engagment pics i am keen to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could definitely go for some of this food right now!! I think I'll make a photography blog today, after I do my budget lol.

    ReplyDelete