Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Helicopters, Kids and FIJI

Recently a friend of mine posted about her 'life list'. I was incredibly inspired because although we have some of the same aspirations for our life, her list seems soo much cooler then mine lol. If you dont quite know what a life list is, think Bucket list(list of things you want to do before you die), cept this one is a 'list of things I want to do/achieve during my life'. - life list - 

I've been working on my 'life list' since a family home evening a mazillion years ago where mum got us thinking about 50 things we wanted to do in our lifetime. This year I decided I wanted to write it down properly..

A primary teacher (or someone) once said to me that the difference between a dream and a goal is writing it down. So I have written down my dreams in hopes that I will be motivated to get them happening, and I have written down my goals, so that they are no longer dreams.

Some are epic and will take ages to do/be lifechanging, others are simple little goals that will help me on the path to WORLD DOMINATION!!!! :D

-Quit EDS

-Learn Maori

-Shoot a $4000 Wedding

-Have a photo of mine published as a Magazine Cover

-Be published in NatGeo

-Be my own boss Full Time

-Open a Studio

-Read/Study the 4 standard works

-Go to the South Island (Yeyaaaahh, I have officially achieved this one as of June 2010)

-Stay in a 5-Star Resort/Hotel (Will be achieving this one NEXT MONTH :D Bring on Fiji with my bestest friend Tania!! I actually seriously cannot wait!!)

-Secret Service (This is my own little project that I want to turn into a Big project, in short, it is maybe a club or 
group of people or something, called the 'Secret Service' and our goal is to 'Do service, Secretly' :D I cant figure out how to work it tho..

-Compete in Dance Comps (ACHIEVED!!! I have officially competed in 2 comps, but I really want to do Proper competitions, so this is still on my list)

-Visit Ireland

-Run a Marathon

-Buy a Canon 5D Mark II (I would like to thank mum + dad / National bank for the lovely bank loan that made it possible for me to achieve this one :D)

-Be published (Yuss I have done this one. My beautiful soon-to-be cousin-in-law hooked me up with this one. When she worked for a certain 'Fashion Designer' I got to do a photoshoot of a Police officer and it got put in the Magazine :D Suuper exciting, but Im keeping this on my list coz its an ongoing goal)

-Sponsor a Child (I've wanted to do this for ages, and a mean guy even made me cry once because I wanted to Sponsor a Child, but I couldn't afford it and he was Mean aS!! EGG!! Anyway, as soon as I can, I want to sponser some kiddies, and write them letters and visit them and all that good stuff)

-Be married in the Temple

-Have a bunch of kiddies

-Bunji jump from a Helicopter

-Move out (one day...)

-Get a Car (notice I didnt say 'buy' :D who wants to give me a car?)

-Visit the Sacred Grove and other Church Historical Sites

-Relax at a Day Spa/Resort

-Re-take Lifeguard + First Aid Qualification (Achieving this in the first place was probably a turning point in my life, I didn't really know I could do things lol. Turns out, will power (and team work) IS actually awesome!!)

-Pick up a Hitch hiker

-Volunteer at a Soup Kitchen

-Complete another Triathlon

-Street Appeal (as in, collect money for a good cause= this month I am doing this with Canteen and I'm pretty excited!!)

-Cycle to Raglan

-Hike Tongariro Crossing

-Gold Medals in Ballroom and Latin (exams)

-Mission with my Husband

-Business cards

-Photography Website (Ive got my blog half-sorted, and Ive had my domain name for aages, its just hard ok!)

-Have a wedding featured in a Bridal Magazine

-Visit the 3 Sisters

-Punch someone in the face

-Skinny Dip

-Flash someone

-Be a volunteer Paramedic

-Take Cake decorating classes

-Take Belly dancing lessons

-Tough Guy/Girl challenge

-Finish my Personal Progress (hahaha only How-many years late, but I still want to receive my YW Recognition)


:D Thats a longer list then I expected, but its what I have written in my special notebook so far :D Its changed a little bit since I was younger (finish Koromatua, go to CCNZ, get taller, figure out how to use mascara...etc) but the main ones are still the same and I'm looking forward to living my list :D

AAAAnd just because Blog posts are cooler with photos, here is one thing I have completed from my list - Graduate with a Degree&wear Granddads Robe + have suuper awesome friends - 


9 comments:

  1. Awww love it!! hahaha what are you talking about - yours is cool!! hahaha "Punch someone in the face" love it. So I don't wanna help you with that one but photography website - dude I know what you mean, mine is taking FOREVER. Ah well. Congrats, ours lives are gonna be so much fun! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your list - like natalie i also noticed "punch someone in the face" ha ha. Who knows, maybe you will get angry at tania in fiji and punch her, and that will be two off the list at once! : ) Some very cool things on that list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is EDS? lol and what's this "Touch a Guy/Girl challenge"???????? i love this list! good luck achieving it all...and yeah you already have achieved so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And i so get the whole wanting to punch someone in the face! I've always wanted to know what that would feel like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw thanks guys, Hana, EDS is the data entry place I work, and its a Tough/Tuff guy/girl challenge lol. No touchy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim i love this post, what a inspiration, I think i want to do this too, I already know that you will achieve all these goals because you are so amazing. And I wish you all the best of luck....Love you kim..this is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, you certainly have made me start thinking of a list!! I have to say you have some AWESOME things on it!!
    I want to learn to become a photographer (not for money just to take nice pictures of the kids, mainly!!) but I learned how to take cake decorating classes. So when I go to NZ next time, at least I can give you some hints and tips and what I know until you can take your class and maybe you can help me and give me tips (of course when I buy a good camera!!) on photography. :) Sound like a plan? okay! he he
    We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ummmm.....Flash someone! I hope you're talking about a camera flash missy!! But, your list is looking really eclectic - so that will keep it interesting. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah jess, Your cakes inspire me so I would love to swap knowledge!!

    ReplyDelete