Monday, September 13, 2010

Roady to Palmy
















On Saturday I had a Dance Comp in Palmy, which means ROAD TRIP!! Some of the coolest people ever came down with me, Tania, Nakita and Reno, and boy-o-boy was it a lOoonngg day!!

After waking up at 5.30am to get ready, we left Hamilton at 7am and got to the Arena at about 11.45am. The rest of Footworks DanceSport Studio (my Crew), arrived shortly after and we set ourselves up in the stands.
Smell my Footworks

At 1pm, the madness (awesomly FUN madness of course) began. I was dancing in 8 events, 5 of those events had Semi's + Finals, and I also danced 3 Guys through their competitions, which had Semi's and Finals (which they all carved up in!!) I calculated, and I think I danced approx 50 times. The competition didn't finish till after 9pm, and then we had the Awards Ceremony.

Me and William dancing a Waltz (couple 64)


Busting out our Latin ChaCha
Footworks did fleepin awesome!! The guys that I danced through got mostly 1sts and a couple of 2nds, I placed 1st in all but 2 of my events (one I got a 2nd, and the other I didnt place), and the 4 Footworks Competition couples did AWESOME! Nikita and Ben, what can I say..they Won Everything!!!! They got atleast 10 trophies, upgraded in both Ballroom and New Vogue (I cant remember if they upgraded in Latin, but they probably did), which is awesome!! Soo soo wish I could dance like Nikita! And we won our 2 group events yayayaahh!

We finally finished everything at 10 and went to Reno's brothers house down the road to watch the rugby. I was doing fine Energy wise untill we got into the car and I pretty much crashed. I was soo exhausted during the game, that I couldn't sleep and could only think 'my feet hurt so bad, im soo tired, I wanna go home'(and Tania/Nakita thought the exact same thing lol). So the Second that game finished, us girls were Up and out the door, and sleeping in the car.



We got home at 5am-ish, dropped our stuff on the floor and rolled into bed. 24 hrs is a looong freakin time I tell ya, and my poor Roadtrip buddies had to sit and watch me dance for 9hrs (sorry guys), but it was fun times!!

Yes there are only 5 Certificates here, the other 2 were won for Group Events and are up at the Studio with our Trophy :)

3 comments:

  1. Love it! and the photo's turned out alright after all (ahem must've been an awsome photographer). Yes VERY long day. Algood Kim, I would do it all again...can't say the same for the other two though haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could have been there for ya. Next time!! But, at least you have the comfort of knowing you got your mother's dancing genes hee hee ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. FLIPPIN AWESOME! If I couldve learned to ballroom dance I would've for sure. You are so talented, Kim. Congralations on your winnings :)

    ReplyDelete